Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!

Y'all, this post is totally self indulgent. But it's my birthday today, and I just wanted to brag about it a little bit. And I wanted to brag about my husband, who gave me a very nice gift, which I wasn't expecting at all.

In honor of my birthday, I think we should all spend some time reflecting on these verses:

Psalm 71:6

"By You I have been upheld from birth;
You are He who took me out of my mother's womb.
My praise shall be continually of You."

Psalm 22:9-10

"But You are He who took Me out of the womb;
You made Me trust while on My mother's breasts.
I was cast upon You from birth.
From My mother's womb
You have been My God."

(OK, did you notice all of the capital letters there? This whole Psalm is a peek forward to the birth and suffering of Christ.)

And finally:

Psalm 139:13-16

"For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother's womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet were none of them."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! I found your blog through Van Walton's blog. I'm glad I did! I have enjoyed visiting it! Hope your day is filled with lots of blessings!I will definitely visit again!
Starr

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday!

Regina said...

I'm a day late, but I hope you had a Happy Birthday!

Talitha said...

I love those last verses you used. . .I tend to get a bit emotional about babies and kids in general though. :-) I hope you had a great birthday! <><

marie said...

Happy (belated) Birthday to you, Hadassah!!!

I will try to respond to your e-mail today....not ignoring you; just been super busy the last couple of days. I hope you had a very happy birthday, and did/went somewhere fun! Eat lots of cake - it's good for you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! May God's Blessings be upon you.