Saturday, January 24, 2009

Ruth Session Four

Ruth Session Four is posted and ready for listening or downloading. If you would like the link to the blog that it is posted on, please email me from my "About Me."

And in other, totally unrelated news, I need your help.

I have found myself with a very frivolous dilemma and I just can't seem to resolve it.

The problem, you see, is that in a rare feat of shopping achievement, I have managed to fall in love with, and purchase, two new purses in one day. Now, I don't buy purses all that often, so when I buy a purse it is a major commitment. Me and that purse are gonna stick together for a while. And I don't normally change purses based on the outfit I am wearing (seriously, who has the time??). I might take a small purse out to dinner in the rare event that I go out on a date with my husband, or something wild and crazy like that. But mostly, I carry my one big purse with me everywhere I go.

So while this is frivolous, it is making me a little bit nuts trying to decide which purse to keep! I bought them both deeply discounted, but they are still expensive enough that I can't keep both. So help me out, would you? Which one would you keep, the gray one or the blue one? And if I could trouble you to include the reason for your decision, I would be forever grateful.


This snazzy gray purse is from a really nice name brand and has functioning zippers on the side that make the bag full or narrow, depending on how much space you want. You could almost live in the thing, it is so roomy. It is basic, with just a hint of style, and I like that in a purse.


This "Tiffany blue" purse made my heart surge. It was admiration at first sight. Seriously, I LOVE this color. I'm just afraid I might get tired of it. I wear a lot of basic colors, so I'm not too worried about it clashing with my clothes, but it is on the flashier side of what I normally choose. Should I cut loose a bit and risk a bold new color?


***Update***

For those of you waiting with baited breath...I have decided to keep the blue one. It was with a heavy heart that I took the lovely gray lady back to the store and returned her. She would have been a great friend, I am sure, but the blue purse just edged her out. Thanks for all of your input, it actually helped a ton!




10 comments:

Marie said...

I was starting to wonder when you were going to post again! Please e-mail me the links to the Ruth studies (it's in 4 parts, right?)

OK, well, I am no style expert (although I did go to the J.C. Penney day after Christmas sale with my daughter, and we got some very nice things at some very nice prices....you'd have been so proud of me!).

I'm partial to the top one (the gray). It will go with more stuff and looks less "complicated". But this is from a woman who still totes around the freebie Boston Children's Hospital canvas shoulder bag Interpreter Services handed out at the annual meeting 5 years ago (it works equally well for a swim bag as a diaper bag). Seriously. I'm that bad.

So, yeah. That's what I think (when I'm not bust thinking about loftier things, like dispensationalism or the hypostatic union). I bet you could keep both and still be happy.

Anonymous said...

The Blue one, absolutely! It is so fun and and different. And you Hadassah, are different. Nothing about you blends with the crowd. you are unique and extaordinary. And since i have the pleasure of knowing you, i know that the blue looks like you. After all, you are the girl with the white ice cream outfit, and the lady with the jacket that covered her ripped jeans.

Rosamond said...

I am torn, part of me says go with the blue, it is fun to have a little snazzy with your outfit. And sometimes having a nice purse or something like that makes me feel snazzy when I otherwise feel pretty bland. And how often do you get a 'surge' from a purse?

But, being a pretty bland person myself, I usually tend to lean toward the first one, since it would go with more and blend in more. And it does have a nice classic style of it's own.

My final analysis would be that you could totally pull off the blue purse if you so choose, but if you don't have any of that color in your wardrobe, I might lean toward the other one.

Anonymous said...

ok, to balance out the polls... you know i like the blue one... but i am partial to blue!

Matthew Lawrence Woodwork said...

This is what you were up late typing about?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Tiffany blue, certainly. I don't think it's really flashy - just beautiful!

Kelli said...

I love the Tiffany Blue!!

Ali said...

Hadassah,
The Tiffany Blue made my heart beat fast! KEEP IT! It's cute little tie makes it seem as though it got dressed up for the day! Let us know which one you keep.

Anonymous said...

I know it's too late to vote but I was going to go with the blue one too. The style just appealed to me and I loved the color!
Just to add my two cents...