Friday, August 28, 2009

If You Don' Have Nuthin'

If you don't have nuthin' nice to say, don't say nuthin' at all.

I'm not sure if my Mom ever actually dispensed this advice to me, or if I only heard it from Thumper in the movie Bambie. But either way, there are times when advice is worth heeding.

Alas, for me, now is such a time.

I don't have anything nice to say, and that is why you haven't heard me saying anything at all on this blog.

What is even worse is that I don't expect anything to change in the near future. If you are familiar with writer's block, I've got something similar. Only mine is spiritual in nature. I'm so spiritually blocked I don't know what to do about it.

There are, of course, some reasons that the above are happening. This blog just isn't the appropriate place to discuss them. Because I don't have anything nice to say--and so I'm not going to say anything at all.

It's a good thing I believe without a doubt in the perseverance of the saints. (That would basically mean, once saved, always saved.) Because if it was up to me...

But God never lets go. And I know He has not forsaken me. And I know He is always working all things out for my good. I know all of the right things to know. I just don't know where He is going with this one.


Psalm 27:9

"Do not hide Your face from me; Do not turn Your servant away in anger; You have been my help; Do not leave me nor forsake me, O God of my salvation."

2 comments:

Marie said...

Hey there girl,

I hear ya. I feel the same way...I've gotten so cynical over the last year or so, and it makes me sad. I try and try to be more like Christ, but it doesn't "work" and I don't seem to change. I just got my issue of CT in the mail, and am just tearing my hair out. I see the state of the Church, the state of my soul, and there's just nothing edifying to blog about. Argh!

Marie said...

Still nuthin'? I miss seeing you share your heart. Hope all's well.