Friday, March 28, 2008

Living and Active

Oh, I bet you already guessed what my verse is!

Hebrews 4:12

"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."

I am off this afternoon to a Living Proof Live event in Jacksonville, Florida. I have been looking forward to it for weeks. That verse from Hebrews is the basis for Beth Moore's ministry, and in case you don't know, she is the one who speaks at Living Proof Live.

I'm anticipating a big dose of that living and active word over the next 24 hours. I'll let y'all know all about it when I get back. (Well, maybe.)

4 comments:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I've been to four Living Proof Live events. Worth every mile and every nickle. I know you are had the best time. I would love to hear about the weekend. What scripture, scene, song, (etc.) meant the most to you?

peace~elaine

Joyfull said...

I found your blog on the Living Proof comments and had to say HI! I am from Florida and attended the event this weekend. It was awesome!

TeriAnnElizabeth said...

Hi,
I've seen you on the LPM blog alot (love your name!!).

I have been to one of Beth's events - in Washington D.C. and it was amazing! I could almost have a real envy over everyone going and I couldn't..:-)

But, I picked up on something you said on the LPM blog - could you share please? You mentioned Beth saying "to be careful" or something like that ,of looking around and thinking that "no one loves Jesus as much as you do"

For whatever reason, maybe a good reason, that resonnated with me. Could you share if you have time?

Thanks so much and many blessings in HIM,
Teri

marie said...

Looking forward to your posting about the conference. I've never been to one, but I've read many of Moore's books and we just finished her "Stepping Up" Bible study at church.....I, along with most of the other women in the group, was terribly disappointed in this latest study. I hope the conference was better!