Saturday, September 29, 2007

Glory to God

I have to tell you something. I am no Bible scholar.

I love God's Word. And if I have any free time, I would rather get out my Bible and read it than sit and watch t.v. Now, that is a miracle in and of itself. And that is truly the work of the Holy Spirit. I am not nearly righteous enough to make my desires that pure!

I am confessing this now because I am horrified at the thought that I might lead anyone astray in anything. I am simply trying to share with you, whoever you are, what God has been teaching me. Also, I want to share the things that I am thinking about. But please don't consider me an authority. I am humbled and delighted at the same time by the few responses this blog has received. It is amazing that I can put my thoughts out there and God can use them. When I started this blog (all of about two weeks ago!) I never imagined that over a hundred people would have looked at my profile already!

So anyway, please come back and read my posts. I really really want you to. But if something I'm sharing doesn't seem right to you, seek out your pastor or God's Word to guide you. I hope God will use me through this blog. But really I am selfish and I am posting these things because I am dying to get them out! The two groups I am facilitating (Breaking Free by Beth Moore) are already getting too much of my "inspirations," so I am trying to get some of it out here. Otherwise I show up to Bible Study and I feel like I open my mouth and it all comes pouring out. Then our time is all up and I wonder if I should have let all of THEM talk more! LOL!

I started facilitating the Breaking Free groups because I had two friends that I knew would benefit tremendously by working through it. But of course, it is always ME that God needs to teach the most to. I hope that never stops!

No comments: