Thursday, September 27, 2007

Hit me with your best shot....

Fire away! That has been my prayer to God lately. Search me and know my heart, see if there is any unclean way in me and lead me in the way everlasting. I have been praying that God would show me any areas of my heart that I have not surrendered to Him. The reason I have been praying this is because I have been feeling pretty good about my total surrender to God. He certainly has worked a mighty work within me in the past year. But I don't want any corner passed over, I don't want any area to be ignored. And I know that unless God reveals those dark corners to me, I am totally blind to see them myself.

Well, this morning He answered my prayer. I can't pretend total ignorance to this particular corner of my heart. I have known about it for many, many years. And God has really been applying healing and grace in this area for a long time. But I have never wanted to talk about it or share it with anyone else. I have tried to figure out why I am so reticent to share it. Well, I got my answer this morning, in a big and mighty way: PRIDE.

God has graciously defeated so much pride in me already. But here it is, rearing its nasty little head again. I don't want to admit this thing to anyone! I want it to be a secret because I have a distorted view of it. If I admit it, then I am afraid I will be ashamed. But really, it is the hiding of it that causes shame. Not the revealing.

Even with this revelation, I am still holding on hard to my pride. Now that God has revealed it to me, I need to start praying that He will remove the boulder of pride from this corner. I know He will do it, but I have to participate. That is how sanctification works. So here goes. I will keep you updated as God and I progress together in removing this misplaced pride.

Proverbs 11:2 "When pride comes, then comes shame; But with the humble is wisdom"

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I agree with you, the hiding causes shame. Think about Adam and Eve. They hid from God and were ashamed. If they had come out to Him and said, "Yes, Lord we did this and we're sorry," I doubt they would have felt so much shame.

It's a good place to be: the threshing floor of sanctification. It lets God have complete reign over all areas of our life and we are left with this amazing gift: getting closer to knowing what His heart beat sounds like.

Thanks for being honest and for allowing me to read yoru thoughts.

Kristen said...

Came across your blog while reading posts on the LPM blog...

Hit me with your best shot... love it. Oh how I desire the same - for God to search me and know my heart and clean up the uncleanliness that's hidden away.

Praising God today for so many Siestas that blog and share their faith.