Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Ancient of Days

This is a total ripoff of some of Beth Moore's material from Breaking Free (the Bible Study, not the book.) My study groups are in week 4 right now, and one of the things we discussed today was God as the Ancient of Days. There was a sentence in the lesson that was a very minor part of the overall point, but I just loved it.

"He's never had a wink of sleep, and nothing has been hidden from His sight."

Me, I miss more than a wink or two and I am a total disaster. I just do not do well with sleep deprivation. It makes me grumpy and short tempered and predisposed to see the worst in every situation. Thankfully, God is NOT like us.

He created sleep, rest, and periods of restoration for our benefit, because we need them. But He does not. God is in charge all of the time, from everlasting to everlasting. What a wonderful thing. God is not just with me today. He is the Ancient of Days.

This is another point I need to put in my list of things to remind myself when I start struggling with doubt.

That's all for today. I am in serious need of some extra winks.

I'll close with one of the sweetest verses that I have come across to describe true Christian brotherhood and sisterhood. Not because it really has anything to do with the Ancient of Days, but just because I like it so much.

Philippians 4:1

"Therefore, my beloved and longed for brethren, my joy and my crown, so stand fast in the Lord, beloved."

No comments: